Witchita Family Lawyer

Enforcement Of Settlement Agreements

If you are having trouble with your ex-spouse in fulfilling your court ordered settlement agreements, the Wichita family lawyer can help. Our family law firm can represent a client in any settlement disagreement such as:

Most settlement disagreements usually have to do with alimony or child support payments. And typically when a client comes to us for assistance, they have already tried to work with their ex-spouse to enforce their own divorce settlement agreements. Some clients that haven’t received their alimony payments will attempt to withhold visitation rights from the other party. While this action is understandable, it is illegal. A court order is a legally binding agreement. To violate this order in any way can result in being held in contempt of court.

You have the right to legally enforce your court ordered settlement agreement. If you are having problems with your ex-spouse, the Wichita family lawyer will file a motion to hold your ex-spouse in civil contempt of court. A hearing will be called, where the judge will reiterate the court order and make any further decrees where necessary. Any further act of insubordination could result in jail time, the freezing of bank accounts, suspension of driving privileges, etc.

The Wichita family lawyer can also help clients enforce orders regarding the payment of debts or other ownership of assets.

If you are having trouble enforcing your divorce settlement agreement, contact the law office of the Wichita family lawyer to discuss your case today.