Witchita Family Lawyer

Enforcement Of Court Orders

Violations of family law court orders are a common occurrence in the state of Kansas. These violations happen for a variety of reasons in a variety ways, but please understand that it is illegal to violate your alimony, child support, visitation, or any other court ordered arrangement. If you are having trouble with an ex-spouse or the parent of your child violating a court order, the Wichita family lawyer can help you petition the court to enforce your order.

Most clients come to the Wichita family law firm for help enforcing the orders for alimony payments and child support payments, but our firm can also help with other matters such as receiving court ordered property or assistance with orders to pay debts. In these types of cases, the Wichita family lawyer can ask the judge to transfer titles of ownership with or without the cooperation of the other party.

The first step in enforcing a court order is filing paperwork with the Kansas courts to officially recognize the situation. Once processed, this paperwork will hold the other party in civil contempt of court and legally recognize your enforcement situation.

The court will then call a hearing where the Wichita family lawyer will present all evidence of the other party’s failure to fulfill their court order. In the cases of child custody, being held in contempt of court will automatically result in wages being garnished from the other party’s paycheck. The other party can also be put in jail for any continued failure to pay their child support on time.

If you have questions or need assistance in enforcing the rulings of your divorce or custody order, contact the law office of the Wichita family lawyer to discuss your case today.